Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Another blog?! So soon?!?!?

Please, don't get used to this.

This one will be shorter though, which I am SO happy about.

The celebration of the Birth of Baha’u’llah was fun. Shadon, Colleen, and I made 200 goody bags for everyone. Then the youth and some students spent a few hours arranging flowers and getting things set up, and then, of course, when the evening festivities actually began, mass chaos exploded. Nothing bad happened, but everyone was confused as to where the food should go, who to give it to, where to stand, etc. The youth basically stood back and waited patiently before moving cuz we kept getting told to do different things and we thought it’d be safer to stand back till the smoke cleared. After the devotions, the girl ran and got dressed up, and I mean totally formal. It was like Prom, but with way less guys.

However, some of the girl’s dressed up as guys. One group looked like a boy band…

When the youth finally got to eat, we sat outside with everyone else for maybe 2 minutes and then ate in the kitchen because we were attacked by bugs.  Huge black ones that just kinda land on you and slither through your hair, which reminds me, some girls found a snake by the dorms and killed it.

The rain season has come.

The junior youth are also planning a fundraiser and are hosting a cinema. We put up fliers the other day, and then it started to rain!!!!! Colleen and I ran around like starved little fish! I poured a couple drops of water onto the head of a boy and he filled a water bottle and soaked me…which didn’t really do anything seeing as how I was already soaked…but that’s ok.

Also, I have been going to basketball practice lately and I really want to coach them…but I think they’d hate me cuz I wouldn’t be easy…meh. Anyway. It felt so good to be playing again and I was helping some girls with shooting. Of course, one girl had to have an asthma attack the first time I went. They are so great at welcoming newcomers. Honestly.

They had a tournament on Saturday and I had asked if I could go, and I was told to ask the coach the morning of. So, I got up at 05:45, got ready, went to the Dining Hall and asked if I could go and he said there was no room. NO!!!!!

But at least I get to sleep more and eat pancakes!

So I thought.

30 minutes later there’s a knock on my door and Sanka and Chai are standing there and tell me to go. I was confused, but they said there was room and we had to hurry.

I was stoked.

And it was a great day to go cuz it wasn’t insanely windy so my eyes didn’t go blind from dirt flying into them and…

Both the junior team and senior team won the CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get a Hoo! HOO! Can I get a Hoo Hah! HOO HAH! Can I get a Banani! BANANIIIII BANANI!!!!! ZE!

It was awesome! The only downside was that I got sunburned even though I put sunblock on twice! And not only did my face burn….but my EYEBALLS burned!!!!! Mah! Killer. It looked like I had cried for a week straight. Ugh. And my sunglasses were in my bag and I totally forgot. Oh joy.

The new youth came today. Her name is Sharghi. Guess where she is from?

No, not Oregon. But she is from AMERICA!!! Seriously. North America has invaded Banani. When Mei and Shalom leave this month, goodbye diversity of countries. We represent Canada and America here. We told the school to stop accepting people from there and get some diversity in here…..

We also finished the new books and got them into the library! Woo! I think we have 20 ish more to go….but we finished what we were given.

Oh, Krista and I went to the art cabinet in the gym to get supplies to decorate for Sports Awards Night…well. That was disgusting. There were dead spiders, spider webs, spider eggs, and lot’s of iffy looking things. There was some paint in the waaaaaay back that we couldn’t get to, so we tried to lasso, but that didn’t work. Then I found a pole on some exercise equipment I’d been playing on and took it off and used it to get the can. SUCCESS! We were thinking one of these days we’d give that cabinet some TLC.

It’s exam time here at Banani, and it has never been so quiet. I mean, these are the do or die exams so I understand. Man, I wish it was exam time all year round! Haha!

To all my friends who are in school right now, I hope everything is going great and you’re acing your exams!

Well, graduation is next week so we are setting up for that. They dance at their grad. So cool! Some girls have tried to teach me traditional dance. I have a ways to go, but I think with practice I will get it! 

My friends, the girls here can DANCE!!!! Grade 10 has some insane dancers! It’s crazy.

Oh Geez!!! I saw a chameleon yesterday!!! And it changed colors! I was quite happy about that.
Well, I think that’s all. If not, I know where to come.

LYLT (love you long time)

No comments:

Post a Comment